Google’s YouTube team has announced it’s expanding the reach of YouTube TV to even more platforms. Starting now, Android TV and Xbox One users can download a new app to take advantage of their subscription, while those on Apple TV and with smart TVs from providers like Sony, Samsung, and LG can expect the same in the coming weeks. This comes after the company allowed voice commands via the Google Home to cast YouTube TV content to your television.
YouTube notes some additions its included in its new YouTube TV app below.
- Control your live TV experience with your TV’s remote control or game controller.
- For a more cinematic look, we made the background dark on your TVs.
- A new Live guide made for your big screen so you can get a sneak-peek at what’s airing soon.
- Never miss the action with our background playback experience built for your big screen.
- Easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home.
Right now, YouTube TV is still only available in 50 metro areas. To see if the service is available in your area, click here. You can get a free trial of the service here.
You must log in to post a comment.