Alongside the new Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, Google today introduced a refreshed Daydream View VR headset that aims to be comfier than before. New materials are being used in this case, and so is a slightly tweaked design. There’s also a wider field of view and three new finishes: Fog, Coral, and Charcoal.
What really sets this version of the Daydream View headset apart from its predecessor is the price tag. This new version costs $99 rather $79 like last year. There really isn’t that much new about the refreshed headset other than the new colors and wider field of view, so I’m not sure how well the accessory will justify its $20 price increase. I guess we’ll have to try it out first to draw any conclusions.
Google says the new Daydream View headset will land later this year at the following locations. By purchasing one, you’ll also get a complimentary game bundle with titles like Lola and the Giant and Eclipse: Edge of Light to get started.
- United States: Google Store, Verizon, Best Buy, AT&T, Amazon
- Canada: Google Store, Best Buy, Rogers, Bell, Telus, Freedom, Videotron, Glentel
- United Kingdom: Google Store, EE, Carphone Warehouse
- Germany: Google Store, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, MediaMarkt, Saturn
- Australia: Google Store, Telstra, JB Hi-Fi
- India: Flipkart
- Italy: Google Store
- France: Google Store
- Spain: Google Store
- Japan: Google Store
- Korea: Google Store
You must log in to post a comment.