Apple has updated their Apple Music app for Android again, this time with a new widget users can add to their home screen to control playback of their music while also being able to skip tracks.
In addition to the widget, Apple has also added bug and speed fixes to make the app more stable as it’s still in it’s beta stage. They’ve also added the ability for users to add music to playlists without adding it to their library alongside the ability to redeem iTunes gift cards to renew subscriptions, see what’s playing on Beats 1 right from the Radio tab without having to actually start the stream, and being able to jump right to an album from a playing song by tapping on the artwork.
Now you can add songs from the Apple Music catalog to playlists without having to add it to your library. You can also:
- Control playback with a widget you can add to your home screen
- Redeem gift cards in Settings to renew your membership using iTunes credit
- See what’s playing on Beats 1 directly from the Radio tab — without having to tune in
- Tap the name of the currently playing song in Now Playing to go to the album
- See which songs are most popular on albums in the Apple Music catalog
You can download the latest version of Apple Music for Android from the Play Store now.
You must log in to post a comment.